The Exec Weekly Dashboard has been created and configured for you right out of the box, so your Execs and Sales Leaders have a built-in dashboard based on best practices, utilizing your data.
About the Exec Weekly Dashboard
What data is included? Opportunities, Accounts, Products
Who should use it? Executives and Sales Leadership
When to use it? Once a week
Why use it?
- Provides a data-driven framework for reviewing key metrics for the business and whatever is a current focus area.
- Ensures that Leadership has visibility to what’s required to close the period strong
- Visualizes the health of the business to help execs track their progress
Usage by Persona
How: During an executive weekly review, cover this dashboard for progression towards milestones and key metrics. Weekly progression, red flags, or strategic initiatives should also be added.
For Sales Leaders
How: Use this dashboard to prepare for your exec weekly review.
Placeholder cards indicate a space in an out of the box dashboard where we recommend including a card that is not provided out of the box, but is very similar to one that exists and requires only a few steps to replace with the desired data.
The process for replacing placeholder cards will be the same throughout the dashboard, but the content will differ and will be provided in the card list below.
To replace a placeholder card:
- Click the three dots in the top corner of the indicated existing card to edit and select edit.
- Select Copy, then close the card editor. A copy of this card has been created in your card definition management page with the same title followed by COPY (e.g. Original Card Title COPY) .
- Select the three dots in the top corner of the placeholder card and select Replace.
- Find and select the copied card (e.g. Original Card Title COPY) and click Replace, the copied card has now replaced the placeholder and can be edited.
- Select the three dots in the top corner of the copied card and select edit.
- Rename the card as indicated (this will be the title of your new, adjusted card).
- Make all adjustments listed for that card.
- Click SAVE. You have replaced the placeholder with a new, adjusted card!
Copying a card and editing the COPY are essential steps in creating a NEW card, failure to do so could result in unwanted changes to an existing card.
The Exec Weekly Dashboard
The following rows and cards make up the template of reports we consider best practice for an Exec Weekly Dashboard. Each card can be opened with one click to further inspect data with a more focused view on a particular report.
We recommend having your Exec Weekly dashboard open in another window as you walk through what's included and replace placeholders.
Row 1: What have we booked recently?
▪︎ Closed Won this Month (Headline)
▪︎ Closed Won Last Month (Headline) placeholder
→ Existing card to edit: "Closed Won this Month" (Headline)
→ Rename as: "Closed Won Last Month"
→ Adjustments: change close date filter to "Last > Month"
▪︎ Closed Won this Quarter (Headline)
▪︎ Closed Won Last Quarter (Headline) placeholder
→ Existing card to edit: "Closed Won this Quarter" (Headline)
→ Rename as: "Closed Won Last Quarter"
→ Adjustments: change close date filter to "Last > Quarter"
Row 2: What have we booked recently, by segment? How much Pipeline is left?
▪︎ New Business/Renewal Closed Won This Quarter (Headline)
▪︎ New Business Closed Won this Month (Headline) placeholder
→ Existing card to edit: "New Business/Renewal Closed Won this Quarter"
→ Rename as: "New Business Closed Won this Month"
→ Adjustments: change close date filter to "This > Month", deselect "Renewal" (New Business remains selected)
▪︎ New Business Closing This Quarter (Headline) placeholder
→ Existing card to edit: "New Business Closed Won this Month"
→ Rename as: "New Business Closing this Quarter"
→ Adjustments: delete the Is Won filter (hover over the filter and click the x), change the close date to "This > Quarter", change the Is Closed filter to false, add the filter Forecast Category Name and select: ##MISSING##, Commit, Omitted, and Pipeline
Row 3: What's closing in the next two weeks? Is there anything I can do to help?
▪︎ Closing this Week List (content list)
▪︎ Closing Next Week List (content list) placeholder
→ Existing card to edit: "Closing this Week List"
→ Rename as: "Closing Next Week List"
→ Adjustments: change close date filter to "Next > Week"
Row 4: What can I expect to close this quarter? Is that enough?
▪︎ Predicted Current Quarter Forecast by Month (Bar Chart)
Row 5: What went wrong in these sales cycles? Can I fix it and pull these deals back in?
▪︎ Opportunities Pushed Out of This Month in the Last 10 Days (Top Content)
Row 6: How are my key products doing this quarter?
▪︎ Open Pipeline Closing this Quarter by Product (Bar Chart) (key products)
Pro tip: You can filter to the products that are important to you!
Row 7: What were the key changes to my pipeline last week?
▪︎ Opportunities Created Last Week (headline)
▪︎ Opportunities Lost Last Week (headline)
The following two cards include sales cycle stages, a business process that is often specific to an organization, and are therefore not configured out of the box, but we'll walk you through creating it!
First, decide which stage movements in your process you want to see. Next, create a card with the following configuration for each (you can decide how many inflection points you want to include, we've provided placeholders for two):
▪︎ Opportunities Moved to [Stage] Last Week (headline) placeholder: inflection point one
→ Click here for instructions on creating this card. When you're done, just click the back button to come back here and continue through this dashboard guide.
▪︎ Opportunities Moved to [Stage] Last Week (headline) placeholder: inflection point two
→ Existing card to edit: "Opportunities Moved to [inflection point one] Last Week"
→ Rename as: "Opportunities Moved to [inflection point two] Last Week"
→ Adjustments: change stage name filter to the desired stage you want to see for inflection point two
Row 8: How have my pipeline generation trends changed in the last six months?
▪︎ Pipeline Creation Trend by Lead Source Last 6 Months
▪︎ Pipeline Creation Trend by Industry Last 6 Months
Pro tip: See a card that's almost perfect for your needs but could use a tweak to best fit your process? Cards are customizable and can be edited, or copied and adjusted for a similar card so you don't have to start from scratch.
How did we build this dashboard template for you?
The Executive Weekly Dashboard has been created for you out of the box using the configurations listed below. We love being able to provide this Dashboard out of the box and ready to use, but it's always good to know what data you're working with when you hit the ground running.
- Base Template - Generic Opportunity Board
- Content Type - Opportunities
- Filters - Opportunity and Account
Opportunity Default Filters on Report Drills
The following filters are included in these OOTB cards and we want to be sure you know why we've included them and what questions they can answer when reviewing your reports. You can learn more about interactive filters here.
- Amount: How big is this deal?
- Close Date: When is it closing?
- Owner Name: Who owns it?
- Forecast Category: How confident are we that we will win this business?
- Stage Name: How far has it progressed in the sales cycle?
- Confidence to Close: How confident is the system that we will win this business?
- Last Touch Date: When did we last engage?
- Last Inbound Touch Date: When did the customer last reach out?
- Last Meeting Date: When was our last meeting?
- Next Meeting Date: Do we have next steps booked?
- Activity Total: How much work have we done so far?
- Opportunity Products: What are they buying?
To learn more about our Dashboards in general, click here.
If you run into any issues, please contact support.